Author Topic: I was bored this weekend, threw together a target holder/backstop and a box for my stuff  (Read 2093 times)

I was bored last weekend, so I threw together a little gear box and target trap with some old plywood and 2x4s that were lying around my yard.

I leave a bunch of my shooting supplies in the box thing, keeps them dry and I don't have to carry them in and out anymore.  I need to put some caulking around the seams to make it completely water proof though.  And the trap was made to put cans and other debris to shoot, but it turns out to be a very nice target holder.  I use a lot of my own simple targets by drawing dot's with a marker on flash cards and you can put them in the trap so they stand up, even if theres a breeze.  When I get a chance I'm going to try and staple some carpet or other material on the backstop so it will last longer, and be quieter, not that its all that loud now.  

Oh and to the right of the target trap thing, is something my dad made for me as a christmas present last year.  Its actually quite fun to shoot, some of the swinging pipes need to be oiled as they've stopped swinging as much as they used to.  

Offline kirby999

• http://
Looks like a fun set up . I need to build something like that so I can use my Gamo squirrel in my backyard. A large box would probably work . I just need it to catch strays and ricochets . kirby
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Hey Josh, great imagination for targets. I am in the process of making some home made targets and the simplicity of the 2x4's gave me some more ideas..:)

Thanks for sharing with us.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

target stop
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 07:13:47 AM »
I made a target stop out of an old cardboard box, a phone book, an old curtain and some duct tape.

I just duct taped the phone book (one of those 4 inch thick suckers) to the inside of the side I was using my adhesive target on. I balled up an old curtain behind the phone book that the previous homeowners used as a doorway to the laundry room. nothing has made it through the halfway point of the phone book yet.

Now I can shoot in the basement and not hurt anything. it has been working great for about six months now (I am using a crossman 2100 classic long, rated 755 fps).

-Mark

Offline DanoInTx

• http://airgunartisans.com
I get free 15"x3"x3" blocks from work.  I just stack them up behind my target.  For the actual trap part I am now using an electrical outlet steel box, the type that handles 4 plugs, filled with duct seal.  I already had the duct seal, and the electrical boxes cost me $1.98 at Home De' Pot.  I made two, one for the garage, and one for the backyard.  I think the boxes are 4"x4" or so, perfect for paper targets, and if I miss I have that stack of 3x3x15's behind it.  No neighbors complaining about their dead dog "Barkbark", so I guess I done good:)
Dan

Current shooters: Beeman HW97K .177 with Hawke Eclipse 4x16x50SFAO and Steve C. stock, Beeman R9 .177 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO and Gene\'s Midas touch, Air Arms S200 with Bushnell Banner 6x24x40AO Rowan brass bling and Steve C. custom stock, BAM B25, BAM B40 .177 with BSA 3x12x44AO, Benjamin Marauder .22, Benjamin 397 pumper.

\"repeat this mantra:
Air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzzz!!!  ...You will feel better\" T.E.C.2008