Author Topic: I've apparently been banned....  (Read 2793 times)

I've apparently been banned....
« on: August 03, 2006, 12:50:31 AM »
Weird, I fire up the PC this morning and go to do my usual check of the classifieds. On the yellow one I got this message: "Blocked Access. The owner of this forum has blocked access to your network address".
So I do a quick check of Brad's, no problem...then GTA, no problem...then TOG, no problem...then Crosman, no problem. Then I try the Yellow Forum itself, same message.
What the heck did I do? I'm a nobody. I don't know anybody, I stay out of politics, I just shoot airguns. I did post there yesterday responding to a guy who was looking at PCP's for a youth. But I abide by their rules, I ignore the politics and personal issues. I've been subbed to that forum for years and years...subbed when James started the FunSupplyForum.
I hope it is an error.
Jack

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Well Jack..... It is like this......................
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 01:40:34 AM »
You have either made mention of the GTA forum on the Yellow forum or one of the key players from that forum has come over here and spotted you posting here. Apparently the owner of the Yellow does not like people coming here.

I am sorry for any inconvienence the GTA forum has caused you. Personally I do not care if you go to the Yellow forum or any other forum as far as that goes.. This is an open forum here and we carry no bios. Everyone is welcome except the trouble makers, trolls, etc... :)

Hope you keep coming back Jack. You have been a key member here since we started..

Thanks for you contributions....

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Nope, didn't mention GTA there
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 02:01:52 AM »
You have either made mention of the GTA forum on the Yellow forum or one of the key players from that forum has come over here and spotted you posting

The only thing I mentioned there yesterday was the same thing I mentioned here...a Talon SS and pump for sale on the Yellow Classifieds. I was supporting their own classfieds. So I must be ostracized for posting here then.
The bummer is that the yellow classifieds has yeilded me three very nice airguns at great prices in the past couple of months. Two of which are now my primary shooters.
But the biggest bummer is that the airgunning community simply is not that large. Walmart will continue selling tons of BB and pellet guns, but the more serious shooters online is a pretty small group. I see the same names on many many forums. All forums should be trying to further the hobby, not ostracizing people for diversity in reading and opinion.
Jack

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Jack, that is one of the reasons I started this forum because...
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 02:14:21 AM »
it would be another source of information for new and old hobbyists. I love this sport as well as you and thousands of others.. I looked at what CharlieDaTuna has done through his contributions. Even though I do not know squat about air guns I still wanted to make some kind of contribution. I had the knowledge to set up this forum and with ChalieDaTuna's help I was able to fulfill my dream..

I will never ban someone for any reason. Because there are so many other options I can use. I am totally against banning people.. :)

As you said this sport is small compared to others. We need all the sources that we can provide to help others begin in this sport.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline nmmike

• http://
RE: I've apparently been banned....
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 03:48:51 AM »
Jack:
Possibly my tale of woe will clear this up somewhat.
In the midst of the great CDT/ Steve in NC debate in which forums were being abused, wholesale 'banning' was rampant & new forums were being created I made a post complimenting somebody for something (age & time eh). There was no way that the post could be construed as anything but complimentary. I believe that this post was on the yellow but I was also posting here, well that was enough to get me banned on the yellow although the owner, Steve Shin, would never come right out & say so, only accuse me of 'hanging out here' and voicing my hatred for him, another of his, 'caught in the middle of a temper tantrum' mis-truths (all pre & post ban comments by me are available on this forum). Steve subsequently wrote me seven (7) e-mails, in all fairness I asked why I had been banned so that accounts for one. The content of those e-mails would make a prison inmate blush. I spent over a quarter century as either a Firefighter or a Cop and I've never been dressed down with quite those words! He (Steve) did 're-instate' me saying.and I quote "I am going to make a point and leave you unblocked to proove to you that you *_*_*_*_*_*es can NOT stay away from the yellow", that was one of the calmer ones. I declined the offer & continue to do so.
So, he will probably get over it & re-instate you with some kind of 'stern warning'. As is obvious, after those e-mails I care little for the individual & can easily live without his forum although I willl miss the YFPP. :0
Mike

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 06:13:23 AM »
Interesting....but honestly, I cannot figure out what I have done to get banned from both the Yellow Forum and the Yellow Classifieds.  I try very hard to follow forum rules. I don't recall the Yellow Forum rules saying I could not post in any other forum.
I subscribe to a ton of forums for several different hobbies. Never had this happen before.
Jack

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 12:10:56 PM »
Gene could very well be right. There have been many guys banned, at least temporarily just for posting on the GTA forum. He, the guy that pushes the flush handle on that forum, uses it as a threat to permanent banning or "scare" tactic to "teach" you and others that might even consider posting on the GTA forum that it's not in their best interest to post here or be a part of the GTA forum even if you want to just read the YP's. It for that reason that many have just left the YP's and gone elsewhere including here where freedom is for the benefit of everybody.

Politics play no part here and you would have to do something pretty drastic here to get banned or even censored for that matter. This forum is the memberships forum and is of the people and for the people. It just so happens that Gene and I planted the roots for it and nurtured it along to get it on it's feet.

The GTA, like anything else getting started, is slowly growing and getting more exposure every day and the membership has grown from two...Gene and I to now nearly 250 members in about 6 weeks.  Not too shabby in my view. And that of course doesn't include the non-member people that visit.  That after every effort to destroy us failed.

Gene and I would like to thank all of you members that have become part of the GTA family for you support and contributions. Reach around and pat yourself on the back.
Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

If you want to hear about weird..........
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 01:04:14 PM »
I hadn't posted on the YF for over a year (I only browsed), and when I heard of the bru-ha over the GTA forum, I posted my opinion of the situation on the Crosman forum, and was subsequently banned from even viewing the YF, because of my post on the Cr forum. Doesn't get much weirder than that.