Author Topic: Dead Squirrels  (Read 1858 times)

Dead Squirrels
« on: August 03, 2006, 04:12:49 AM »
I used to sit and watch the squirrels play in the wooded lot nextdoor with a great deal of joy and amusement. Then, when they cut down most of the trees and built a house on the lot, the lady that moved in thought that the squirrels were cute too and decided that it would be a good idea to put out a feeder with an unlimited supply of peanuts for our little friends.

Well, as anyone with any common sense can figure out, within a couple of years we had squirrels coming out of our *ss's, and they were tearing the insulation out of my walls and attic, destroying trees that cost me thousands of dollars to have removed, vandalizing my garden...they even chewed the wiring on a house up the street causing a fire with thousands in damage.

As much as I enjoyed watching the furry little devils, my attitude had changed!
I've been a hunter since I was eight yrs old, I knew what had to be done, and I did it.

RE: Dead Squirrels
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 01:08:24 PM »
Most people don't seem to be aware of how much trouble these critters can cause. I enjoy watching them and have a squirrel feeder of my own. So long as they stick to it, I leave them alone. The bridfeeder is off limits though.

Russ S.

RE: Dead Squirrels
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 02:04:38 AM »
Sorry, I wasn't aware that my pics didn't load the first time, I went ahead and reloaded them below.