Author Topic: .22 CO2 Shark Guns?  (Read 3880 times)

.22 CO2 Shark Guns?
« on: December 13, 2007, 03:58:13 AM »
A couple days ago I posted over on the hunting section on round balls for hunting . Should have titled it .22 RB in CO2 guns like the Shark for hunting. Kinda screwed up there,the post didn't come across as intended.  Sometimes on computer posts, I think faster than I can type(hunt and peck) and I end up leaving out a lot. Anyways, has anyone bought any of the Shark CO2 guns and if so, how were they as to quality, accuracy, or any repair problems?  As mentioned in the RB post,I saw a review in the Shotgun News by Tom Gaylord  on the Shark .22 pump repeater,and he gave it a good review. I'm thinking it would be a good gun for busting rats and pest birds in the barn, were shots are seldom over 40 feet. My old Crosman 99  lever action repeater is good for that but is fussy as to pellet selection, and even with the wadcutters it likes best will jam often. Has any of experienced tuners  on here, repaired or even seen one? They have an interesting  SS .25 bolt also.          :0

RE: .22 CO2 Shark Guns?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 05:29:03 PM »
I can't comment on the .22 repeaters, but I do have the .25 bolt action. I personally love the little gun, as always, some things could be improved. The trigger is very simple direct engagement. Rough and heavy, I took mine out and smoothed the engagement surfaces and lightly lubed, it is useable now. The gun looks OK, but it does not have a highly polished or fitted look to it. I took mine apart and smoothed everything out, and lightly lubed the hammer and bolt, now it feels much better. It's a bit of a gas hog, but shoots hard. Wish I could give figures, but I don't have a chrono. I know after playing with mine, I now can consistently shoot quarters at 25-30 yds. with Kodiaks. The only thing I really dislike about it, is the small stock. I know it is supposed to be a carbine, but the stock feels tiny to me. Of course I am an above average size guy, but I would love a larger stock. Last thing is, it is not as easy to take apart, and there is not much that can be done for tuning, as far as I know. So, if you are like me, and want a .25 CO2 rifle, it's about the only game in town, unless you do a custom job. I know I can be a bit odd, but I don't think I'll ever let mine go, despite all of the quirks. HTH, Billy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 01:16:04 AM »
Bill,Thank-you for the reply. Although I'm more interested in the pump, the .25 does sound like it would be a thumper.  When you took yours apart were the seals used anything that couldn't be replaced with something available in the U.S.A.? The reason I ask  is, I may have to go the used route to get one.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 01:21:08 PM »
I don't think so. I don't remember seeing anything unusual, but I wouldn't swear to it. I know I've seen a few that some other guys have worked on, and I don't remember them mentioning anything unusual either. HTH, Billy

Offline mikeiniowa

• http://airgunartisans.com/flyingdragon
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 05:42:12 PM »
I have had a Shark shot gun and a .25 through the shop, a customer in NY wanted me to work on them. the shot gun type will get a big boost in power if you replace the valve spring with a lighter one. the >25 is where it's gonna be and thats it. Darn nice rifle, accurate with the right pellet/.