Author Topic: Another birdfeeder raider busted...  (Read 1931 times)

Another birdfeeder raider busted...
« on: August 06, 2006, 01:19:34 PM »
and the annoying part is that he went past the squirrel feeder to get to it! Had company over this evening and the husband is a hunting buddy of mine. I happened to spot the squirrel in the feeder and explained that I had a job to do as I dashed off to the gun room. Everyone knew what I was up to LOL.
I returned with the trusty Daisy 1000 and a CPL and took a hasty sitting position 35 yards from the feeder. The squirrel must have been on to me as I noticed he was now hanging from the feeder as if preparing to make a hasty retreat down the tree. I took up the first stage of the trigger as I leveled the cross-hairs on the back of his head and then let the 7.9 grain CPL fly. He never knew what hit him and didn't so much as twitch as he went to the ground. 7.9grn. + 1,037fps. + 35yds. = 1 dead raider

It's too bad too. Most of them have figured out that the squirrel feeder is the safe way to go which allows me the pleasure of watching their antics. Seems this one may not have been as bright as the others.

Russ S.

Re: Another birdfeeder raider busted...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:14:27 PM »
Gave that nut cruncher and bad headache didn't you.

Looks like the power of the 1000X gets it done once more. I do not know why a bunch of folks are so down on these rifles, they got the Power and are Very accurate, I pick up mine better than 60 % of the time when I see a varmit in the yard doing what it is not allowed to do. The only other gun I shoot more is my Daisy 880 Chippy gun, I am overrun with them little varmits.

Nice Shootin Russ.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 04:51:16 AM »
they have the same power as a 177 1250,and they look crude,but i like em...

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 05:46:18 AM »
Don't know about that statement Yote. I don't own a Daisy 1000 but my 1250 .22 has over 50lbs of cocking force and rips through 3/8 inch plywood at around 100 yards.  I would imagine the Hunter 1250 .177 would carry more fps with those pellets. Oh well,  what do I know...:)

After looking at that Daisy I like the wood and it looks clean. Guess it probably weighs less than my 1250 which would make it more versitile..

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 07:36:31 AM »
I was just stating what ive heard,i forgot that the 1250 slings 10.6 grainers at 1050fps not 7.9 grainers,my bad...