Author Topic: Anyone else get snow?  (Read 2328 times)

Anyone else get snow?
« on: January 17, 2008, 03:56:52 AM »
Woke up this morning to the predicted white stuff on the ground. We got ~3-4" or thereabouts. The roads were probably fine for me and my 4Runner to easily make it into work at 6am like I normally do. However, I figured that I would be the only one there for most of the day, since the county where most of our staff live didn't spray salt on their roads last night like my county did. So after phoning in to confirm my guess, I decided to take at least the morning (and probably the afternoon, too ;~) off, maybe get a Bushnell scope mounted on my TF89, maybe clean, lube and tension my cycle chain, and most likely, take a nap. I gotta take advantage of the weather when I can ;~D

I know this ain't much compared to what can fall up north or in the midwest, and of course if Ed, Jeff or any of the New Zealand crowd was here, they'd be out hunting instead of sittin' here typing. Anyway, here's a few pics I took this morning for your viewing pleasure.

Bryan

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: Anyone else get snow?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 04:52:17 AM »
LOL Bryan, we got 2 inches or so and it was a prurdy dusting as well. I am staying in the house today and keeping warm...:) Did not take any pictures but it is a purdy site..:) Your pics are very purdy.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 05:39:50 AM »
LOL LOL had snow and more on the way, now you all can do some tracking......Gene get out there and get us dinner hehehe.Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 05:51:43 AM »
Started sleeting here, about 6:00pm yesterday, built up about a half inch before midnight, then it changed over to rain...all gone this morning.

Offline PeakChick

• http://
RE: Anyone else get snow?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 07:15:41 AM »
Very pretty photos and setting Bryan. We don't have a lot of snow on the ground down here in town, much of that has either melted or blown off. The Mountains at the west edge of town are snow covered and gorgeous. It was a bit brisk this morning though, according to the weather on my PC this morning it was -12F. Brrrrr, sure felt cold when I went out to start my truck.
The current stable, (arsenal, quiver?): BSA Lightning XL .177, BSA Sportsman HV .22, BSA Ultra .177, CZ634 .177, Daystate Harrier X .177, TAU 200 Senior .177, HW 97 .177, HW 50s .177, HW 30 .177, RWS 92 .177, Gamo 126 MC Super, Gamo Big Cat .177, AR2078A, QB78 .177, Quest 1000 .177, Beeman SS650 .177., Beeman P17 .177.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 05:14:13 AM »

;~D

I did think to stick my head out the front and back doors yesterday afternoon to see if there were rabbit or nutter tracks in the snow, but I didn't see any. That's how I knew it was time to go take my nap heh, heh, since that's apparently what all the other critters (except for a couple of them varmint crows) were doing around my yard.

Yeah, Gene, I didn't know if y'all got any snow down your way, or if it was freezing rain or what. Hopefully what's coming tomorrow will just be purty, and not too much of an inconvenience. I've got my bread and milk from the grocery store just in case*, and a buncha pellets in case of a nutter attack.

Bryan

* It seems like around here, even a prediction of a slight chance of snow flurries sends half the county's population to the nearest grocery store, where they quickly empty the bread and milk shelves. Kinda funny.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 05:29:29 AM »
Thanks, Stephanie. The snow seems to make everything look more picturesque. If it would just snow in the summer, then I wouldn't have to worry about the lawn looking too scraggly when I don't get a chance to mow it- LOL!

I'm lucky enough to be able to rent the place from my brother and sis-in-law, plus a little caretaking. I can set up a bench just outside the front door and have a shooting lane to the right of the big maple in the top picture to shoot 10, 20, 30 and 40 yards ranges. There's a few rabbits and squirrels that I could invite to dinner if I was so inclined, but I'm really waiting for Spring and the starling's return.

We're supposed to be getting another 2-4" of the white stuff on Saturday with temps down to 15deg on Saturday night. Looks like I might get another chance at an afternoon nap ;~D

Bryan

Offline leftcoast1

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 07:23:52 AM »
Nice pics Bryan. It hasn't snowed here in 31 years. I know some people will disagree with me but when it's 80 degrees on Christmas morning it just isn't the same. I think the high today was 72. I put pants on once this winter at that was only because I was sick. I just can't pull myself away from the water.
Jason
A couple of Springers nothin to get excited about.

Offline NMCA_Ron

• http://fasteststreetcar.com
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 07:49:35 AM »
Jason,

I will be in your area (Bradenton) for a drag race in March. It will be NICE to get away from this danged cold weather and snow. It is always fun coming home with a sunburn when everyone else here is still shivering.

Ron
\"What we need are more people who specialize in the impossible.\" - Theodore Roethke

Offline leftcoast1

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »
Thats only about an hour south. This winter has been mild makes for great fishing but can't get a break from the heat. Day after new years was cold 48 plus 20 mph wind but thats it. Went fishing the week of christmas came home red faced.
Jason
A couple of Springers nothin to get excited about.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 01:08:38 PM »
I know what you mean, Jason. I lived and worked in Lake Alfred, FL (just north of Winterhaven) for a few years back in the late '70s, early '80s. It was nice most of the year for doing outdoor kinda things, but I really got to missing the changes in the seasons, so I ended up moving back home to western NC.

Bryan

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 01:13:21 PM »
Love the change of season's and when most folk's are bundled up inside during the dead of winter here I'm out hiding in a snow covered field or lurking in the wood's looking for my next meal and hunt post.:) Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com