Author Topic: Pistol Review Beeman 2008 C02  (Read 4641 times)

Offline dank

• http://
Pistol Review Beeman 2008 C02
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:01:14 AM »

Again another Pistol Review.

This time I was attracted to the  Beeman 2008 Because of its size (8.5")and weight  (2lbs.) and of course low price.  It can be found for as little as $65.00 but usually they run about $75.00.

I've yet to find one thread of info on this gun anywhere on the web with the exception of it being for sale. So I bought it and I think I owe it to airgunners to report on it.

The gun feels good in the hand due to it's weight, albeit a bit on cheap side (I hate it when you hear things wiggling when you shake it) but thats only compared to the $150-$200.00 pistols I've acquired recently.. It uses metal in all the right places aka Gamo-like which adds to its aesthetic appeal along with some bright white silk screen lettering and Beeman logo..

I found it to be very powerful shooting well above 400fps regardless of the pellets up to 8g in weight and kudows to Beeman for including 4 thats four  six round clips with the gun.

The double action trigger is wide and relatively light and the barrel swings up to expose the pin that the clip slides onto also Gamo Daisy and Crosman style, a good system.

I also like the hidden thumbscrew for the C02 cartridge beneath the handle of the gun adding to it's realism.  

Now for the bad;

It's not a rifled barrel??  How this oversight was ever overlooked is beyond me it is 5" long and smooth bored. If it were rifled it could have been a better shooter but as it is it's only a realistic looking  powerful plinker instead of what could have been one of the better sub 80.00 Pellet pistol guns along side The Beretta PX4, The Gamo PT80 and the remarkable Daisy 008.

N.E.Dan
My favorite gun of all time is the last one I bought!!

Offline dank

• http://
Re: Pistol Review Beeman 2008 C02
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 03:25:27 AM »
I've found a pellet that works reasonably good out to ten yards. Seems the inexpensive RWS Diabolo Basic with their plain skirt and 7g light weight work well. Bonus is 500 for $2.99 @ DNR
N.E.Dan
My favorite gun of all time is the last one I bought!!