Author Topic: Practice Match Tomorrow  (Read 3861 times)

Offline kirby999

• http://
Practice Match Tomorrow
« on: January 25, 2008, 11:59:15 PM »
Several of the guys and my self will be at Airgunning Atlanta's range in Covington tomorrow if anyone would like to join us in a little F/T practice . Weather man says it should be close to 60 , should be a nice day . kirby
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"

Offline kirby999

• http://
Practice Match results
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 10:01:40 AM »
A practice field target match was held today(1/27/08) at Airgunning Atlanta, primarily to get our guys ready for the big Superbowl match next weekend. We had five shooters attending, including a friend of mine, Eddie Horne, who was shooting his second ever F/T match . His first match was last summer with a borrowed Chinese springer . The Morning began with partly sunny skies with a slight breeze and a little chill in the air ; but nothing like the single digit temps of last weekend. We all took a few warm up shots and took to the range for a little practice. About half way through the match , the wind picked up and made the day interesting to say the least. The wind was swirling and made even the mid-range targets tough. Ken Hughes with his Air Arms RN10 and NightForce FT 36x combo was high score with a 45 ; followed by Doug Vinson with his Air Arms ProTarget and Leupold Competition 35x "set-up" with a 42. After that, in third was Jon Oswald with his "Bag of Pipes" USFT #80 and Nikko Stirling 10-50x at a score of 36 . I finished up the PCP divisions ; shooting my Air Arms 12FPE S400C carbine and Simmons 6.5X20x50WTC in the International Class with a score 35. Eddie Horne , shooting his second only match with a borrowed TX200HC and Bushnell 6x24x40 banner combo (mine) shot a 23 to take top spring piston honors. Nice shooting Ed. A great time as always was had by all and maybe we have a new shooter interested .We missed all you other guys , looking forward to seeing you all at next month's match . David Kirby
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"