Author Topic: Cutting down some brush for a 'shooting lane'.  (Read 1585 times)

Cutting down some brush for a 'shooting lane'.
« on: January 26, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »
Today I suited up and did some high octane weed wacking.  Loaded up the gas trimmer with some .105 line, and headed down the trail.  Every once in a while, my neighbors son flies in from Maui, and stays for a while.  He brings his crossbow and does some boar hunting in the valley, so there was an old, overgrown archery lane.  It is about 30 yards (my amateur guess) long.  But, it hasn't been used for a few months, and all the rain we've been getting has been fueling brush to grow like crazy.  So I cut most of it out today.  On the target end of the trail, theres some rolled up carpet painted with a bullseye, and the other end goes out into the valley.  I would lengthen the course, but you can only go so far before there are some rocky hill/cliffs.  I'm planning on building a shooting bench out of wood I can find laying around, and bringing a plastic lawn chair down.  There is a nice area at the shooting end, opposite the target side, which has a bit of flat rock, before it drops down into the valley.  That is where I plan on setting up camp.  Heh, there used to be these squishy, green, spiney, gross looking plants growing on the rocks, but I demolished them with the weedwacker.  Boy was it fun getting sprayed in the face with the mystery goo and chunks of green slime that came flying at me.  I'll post some pics once I bring my camera home.

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
RE: Cutting down some brush for a 'shooting lane'.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 11:27:33 PM »
Sound's like you got a fine start to a target shooting range Josh and had fun doing it hehehe. Keep us posted on how it's coming along and pic's would be GREAT!. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 04:22:09 AM »
I for got about one thing though, helicopters.  I don't think I'm actually supposed to be making an airgun lane on state land.  Heh, time for some camoflauge.

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 06:00:49 AM »
Well sometimes the state doesn't mind you helping keep their land trimmed up.....sometimes hehehe. Out here the state let's folk's take care of the ditch's and such, cutting's for hay etc. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com