Author Topic: GRT + Turbo Tuned CFX  (Read 3039 times)

GRT + Turbo Tuned CFX
« on: February 09, 2008, 01:45:24 PM »
Hello all.  I've been meaning to post something for a while now.  Last week I received my CFX back from Bob (CharlieDaTuna).  WOW!  I can't tell you how much more I enjoy shooting this gun now.  I'll be the first to tell you that I am no great shot.  Not only am I new to airgunning, but also to shooting altogether.  Late bloomer I guess.  I've read a lot of posts and picked up lots of usefull information from this site as well as many others....so thanks guys for asking all of the questions I would have and thanks to the guys who are eager to share their knowledge with us.  Anywho, today I did some target shooting with my father-in-law and one of his buddies who have been shooting since they were kids.  In fact, they were both using the same .22's they grew up learning how to hunt with.  We were shooting 4" concentric targets at roughly 50 yards.  I felt like a pro.  I was hanging right there with them.  My groups were great (for me at least).  I am hooked now.

I wanted to say thanks to Bob.  What a great guy.  He continually kept me informed as to the progress of my gun throughout the entire process.  Not only that but when I told him I was going to be doing some shooting this weekend he finished and shipped my gun to me a day early just to ensure that I got it in time.  That is great customer service.  So thanks again Bob and I look forward to all I have to learn from you guys at this great site.

Kyle

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: GRT + Turbo Tuned CFX
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »
Hi Kyle

I was a late bloomer as well..:) My first air rifle was a Shadow 1000 and boy was it hard to hit anything with it.  But I stuck around for a few months and ran into CDT.. Being retired myself I needed something to occupy my time and keep me busy. So what the heck, I took my Shadow 1000 over to Bob and let him do his Turbo Tune on it. What I did not realize was it made shooting air guns a wonderful experience from the moment I picked it up and took it home and started shooting it...:) I could actually put up a targe and hit it..:) Not many can afford an expensive Euro air rifle that shoots good out of the box and the cheaper air guns can discourage allot of young and new air gunners like you and myself. But thank God for guys like Bob who can transform a basic air rifle into something that new air gunners can enjoy for ever. So now after almost 3 years I am totally addicted and have more air rifles than days in the month..:) But each and every one of them are my favorites..:)

Best of Luck

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:36:20 PM »
Welcome Kyle and it only take's one airgun to start the addiction hehehe. Bob does some GREAT! tunes on em, second to none I'd say and it's worth every $. :) Feel free to post some pic's of your sweetheart and if you decide to go after live :o target's hehe please post your result's in our Hunting Gate. Again welcome to the GTA family. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Offline longislandhunter

• http://
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »
Welcome Kyle,,,,

As Ed and Gene have said,,, air gunning is certainly addicting,,, but it's a great sport.   I only got into air gunning within the past 3 years and like the other am now hopeless hooked on the sport. One of the things I enjoy the most about the sport, besides the shooting, is being a member of GTA !!  This really is a great place.  Nice people who just love air gunning and are always willing to help out a fellow shooter.  

Congrats on the CFX,,, nice rifle, especially now that Bob tuned it.  Best of luck with it.  I'll be looking forward to your future posts.    

Jeff
\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"