Author Topic: CHARLIE DA TUNA’S RETIREMENT some reasons…. some thoughts  (Read 9412 times)

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
I am retiring from airgun tuning and closing down the CharlieDaTuna website in stages. I will be discontinuing any and all product sales effective at midnight tonight, 6/18/06. All orders placed before that time will be honored and responded to with a notice of acknowledgement as in the past. Any orders placed after that time will not be acknowledged or filled. Any orders that have not been paid for by midnight on 6/30/06 will be considered abandoned orders and removed from the customer order list and the list closed out. I suggest that if you have not sent your funds before 6/26/06, don't send them at all.  As always, all paid orders will be filled within 24 hours of payment and you will be notified that it is on the way.

All airgun tuning/repair has been discontinued effective this date 6/18/06 with the exception of customers that I have already committed my services to.  The deadline for those will be honored providing they have sent their guns prior to 6/30/06.

All of the tune, product sales, testimonial, instructional and related pages have already been removed. Some informational parts of the CDT website will remain in place until midnight 6/30/06 at which time the site will be removed in its entirety.

Sometime shortly after 6/30/06 I will be placing in the classified page on this forum a listing of parts, rifles, pistols, lubes and equipment that I will be liquidating and prices for those items.

Now for some of my reasons for retiring.

First:  I want it to assure you that the “pressure” of the last few days and some of the accusations and allegations by the owner of the yellow pages are not compelling me to make this decision. He’s not a big enough man to do that regardless of how big or powerful he thinks he is. And his blocking me from his forum certainly doesn’t come into play. I could care less and had no desire to try to get into it.

Secondly:  I believe every man has a right to be able to attempt to fulfill his goals or do something to help others, and I’m referring to Gene Curtis, without some individuals attempting to destroy him and his character. Here I am referring to Steve Woodward (Steve-in-NC). It actually started with me even before Gene put his forum on line and for no other reason than concern for loss of personal gain I believe.

I informed Steve several days before the forum went on line that Gene was putting a forum together and that I was helping him with some of the framework, design and material. He tried his best to convince me to part company with Gene. Well, I felt Gene had a great idea and that the forum/website concept was a fantastic vehicle to provide information and service to the airgunning community. I have always been a strong believer in helping others and promoting knowledge and that’s what Gene is all about.

Well I didn’t bend to Steve’s desires and as soon the website came on line he started on Gene and hasn’t let up since. He has continuously badgered and hammered on him relentlessly almost to the point of being vicious even though Gene was working his heart out to make the corrections as he was being flamed while  there were others that were suggesting that Steve take it somewhere else. But he just wouldn’t stop. And he was doing the same on other forums. Just gutting him and trying to kill Gene's dreams and goal. All of this to a man, Gene, who was doing nothing more than trying to do something good for the benefit of others. What kind of a man would keep kicking and beating and clubbing another man who is doing nothing more than trying get up and make things right. I could have no respect for that person and don't want to be associated with him.

In addition to that, Steve was a man that was supposed to be a working partner with me, someone that I worked with to promote his products that he designed and “partner” if you will although we have no written agreement of any kind, not even a shaking of hands. But when the YP forum owner did what he did to me with no valid, logical reason, where was my support?  Not one word of support, not one. And of course you know why. Anybody that showed or voiced any support for me CT Steve just axed and he feared/knew the same could possibly happen to him so he just threw me to the wolves. My associate….lol…

Now all of a sudden he is showing concern...

From Steve’s post on the Crosman forum:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like the CharlieDaTuna website is fading away.
June 17 2006 at 5:36 PM

"If anyone think's that's a bad idea, then it might be a good idea to let Bob Werner know how you feel."

Thanks for the concern Steve. Where were you when I was sinking? The least you could have done was thrown me an anchor.

As you could expect, I do not have a lot of respect for CT Steve any longer not that it matters, but I have far less respect for Steve-in-SC. That ought to really tickle CT Steve. He wins.

I really feel bad for the YP’s and what has happened to it. Why can’t it have the quality and the civility and respect within itself that the Crosman forum has or almost any other forum for that matter. I guess it’s like anything else… if it doesn’t have a good head on its shoulders, it won’t function well.  It used to be a really great place a few years ago when James was alive. Sure, it had some ups and downs like anything else but to me it isn’t the fun place it used to be. But…that’s not my problem.

Finally:

I’ve always told myself that if and if this hobby ever got to the point that it was no longer fun, enjoyable and developed pressure and if it became a “job” rather than a hobby that I would get out of it. I’ve got to tell you my friends….. those that are real friends, it isn’t really fun any more nor is it enjoyable either. That aspect of it has been a consideration for the last six months and it seems that the time has come.

I would like to thank each and every one of you that has supported me in the past as well as those that have let me be of service to. Bless all of you.

I will be a part of this forum for awhile and perhaps continue to play a part in it if Gene wants me to but after 6/30/06, there will be no CharlieDaTuna. USE TA B
Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

A big Amen Brother, remember they wanted to Crucify me a while ago.

Stuart Brandt

Can we agree to disagree without anyone getting upset lol.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 12:43:54 AM »
Can we agree to disagree without anyone getting upset lol.

Stuart Brandt

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Steve_NC

Is it that GTA is a threat to our Air gunning community? Or is it that I am a threat to our air gunning community? Either way, why is it you would post such a question to the members here. I do not even know you or nor do you know me. What possible threat is there about GTA or me that needs to be addressed?

As far as Bob Werner is concerned, Bob is an Icon in this community, and a couple have tried there best to destroy his character. Spreading your tales and lies throughout the other forums. Bob is and always will be a man of Great Character. The ones who have posted all those remarks about Bob should be ashamed of themselves.

I am asking you again to stop dragging Bob down. He only was trying to help me with the GTA. If you want to badger or degrade someone then direct it to GTA or me.  If you want to make posts here about subjects other than air gunning related subjects, put them in the Back Room link.

Gene Curtis
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Go Away Steve
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 03:10:02 AM »
Go Away Steve

I have alot of patients for children animals and adults. But my patients are running thin with your Steve. If you must make your statements from now on, put them in the Back Room.

And maybe you should go back to where ever you used Troll. We do not need your comments here.
Our forum does not need the likes of you or anyone else like you to post here on our Airgun Forum.

Go away Steve and let GTA alone.

Gene Curtis
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

SteveINNC (pneuguy) causes problems like this wherever he goes Gene - I sympathize with your situation.  He types very smoothly, loaded with venom.  He is a very unpleasant individual, completely without thought for the well-being of anyone else.  Very egotistical, self centered - and quite smart, Mensa level smart.
A dangerous combination, not someone you want to have over for dinner, but keep at a distance - as, such a person can never be fully trusted - as Charlie has found out.

Stay in touch buddy, gonna miss you......wisdom don't come easy

Offline MULLSKINNER

• http://
SORRY TO HEAR THIS CHARLIE ...HOPE THINGS WORK OUT THE BEST FOR YA .....THANKS FOR ANSWERING EVERY SINGLE ? I HAVE ASK IN THE PAST ..YOU HAVE BEEN A BIG HELP TO ME .....I PUT YOU ON THE TOP OF THE LIST AS A PERSON AND A TUNNER....YOU ALWAY'S GOT A FRIEND HERE IN OHIO ....
THANKS BUDDIE,
.......MULLSKINNER ............