Author Topic: One piece mount problem. HELP!  (Read 2780 times)

Offline biscuitg

• GTA Donations
    • http://
One piece mount problem. HELP!
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »
Hey there, I recently purchased a Gamo shadow 1000, and accushot one piece mount, When I tighten the mount it moves to the right so that when I put the scope in the rings it sits a tad to the right of top dead center...It is not aligned perfectly down the middle of the barrel, just a hair to the right....Soooo, basically when I sight in at a given yardage (20yards first zero) it is fine, but when I go past that yardage, because of my scope being slightly to the right, it pulls my POI to the side!  I'm not sure if I'm telling this as easily as possible but would appreciate some feedback...I suppose I could buy an rws c-mount and scoot the rings to the left if needed, or am I just using the wrong mount?  Any help would be appreciated!!  Thanks!!
\"When the pirate captain was asked why he had a large wheel on his belt-buckle, he then replied \"AARRRrrr, it\'s drivin\' me nuts\"

Offline PeakChick

• http://
RE: One piece mount problem. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 12:26:24 AM »
The Accushot mounts are designed with a reversible clamping plate to acommodate different width rails. Try flipping the plate and see if this works.
The current stable, (arsenal, quiver?): BSA Lightning XL .177, BSA Sportsman HV .22, BSA Ultra .177, CZ634 .177, Daystate Harrier X .177, TAU 200 Senior .177, HW 97 .177, HW 50s .177, HW 30 .177, RWS 92 .177, Gamo 126 MC Super, Gamo Big Cat .177, AR2078A, QB78 .177, Quest 1000 .177, Beeman SS650 .177., Beeman P17 .177.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

Offline Rolls-Royce

Re: One piece mount problem. HELP!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 06:25:52 AM »
The Beeman/Sportsmatch one-piece adjustable mounts are a better choice than the C-Mount, I think. I'd first try PeakChick's suggestion about reversing the clamp plate on your Accushot mount. Might get you back inline without spending any more money. I have both the Beeman and Accushot mounts and like 'em both.