Author Topic: If you are sick of using Windows  (Read 3744 times)

Offline jct842

• http://
Re: If you are sick of using Windows
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 05:11:10 AM »
last year around this time, SONY had just got caught releasing a "root-kit" as part of their music cd's. It was their way of stopping people from copying and distributing illegal music.  I am not an expert or anything but I understand that any one who put a sony cd on their computer to play it was forced to install sonys music player off the cd first.  It then supposedly would allow all kinds of bad things to happen to your computer.  including others to get root access to your computer which can be the end of every thing stored on your computer.  Sony was forced to with draw and recall all the efected music.  they were supposed to be fined but I have not heard any more about it. Sony is too big a company for any thing like that to hurt it,with their legal staff and all.    With linux all I ever install in my computer is software that comes from the "DEBIAN REPOSITORY"  The windows users get conned into all kinds of .exe installs, I have ran into stuff that a web based photo-storage site wants to install just so I can see pictures some one else has posted on the web.  I have heard that a jpeg that is emailed can contain self installing virus and trojans.    John