Author Topic: Shadow 1000 reveiw  (Read 9757 times)

Shadow 1000 reveiw
« on: September 02, 2006, 11:07:22 AM »
Gamo Shadow 1000 reveiw
                                                                                             By Yotehunter

First off,i would like to tell you all that my rifle is doing great.I got this airgun for my 13th birthday which was August 5th,I had wanted this gun for the pests around my house and maybe some squirrel/rabbit hunting.When i first opened the package I looked for any dings or anything(Mind you,this is a refurb rifle)And the only thing i saw was a few VERY small scratches on the stock and barrel.I was amazed at how beautiful this rifle looked!..Here is a picture of it out of the box!...With the Simmons scope i also got.

I was anxious to get out and shoot this Rifle...But low and behold,I had ZERO pellets,so i asked my aunt if she could take me to town and she said "sure".Well we got to Farmking,and they had some .22 pellets,and daisy flatheads,and also beeman Hp's(the coated kind).I remembered a couple years ago buying these pellets for my beeman silver bear,And i also remembered they worked great in that gun!.I bought those two tins of pellets and 10 Shoot-N-C targets.Well,we got back to my house,and i was really excited to shoot it.Now ill get to the points...I set up a shoot n c target at 15 yards,squeezed the shot off,BANG!..sounded like a 22lr and recoiled bad...and i also saw that i hadnt even hit the target(this was with open sites).So i adjusted the windage,and tried again,This time the rifle still sounded loud,but not as much recoil,and i actually hit the target again,so i adjusted it alot then,aimed,fired and hit right under where i wanted to.adjusted one more time and hit perfectly.now i set up a pellet tin.(it was really dark by now)And tried to hit it,thinking i wouldnt,i hit the tin perfect!,this rifle is amazing!...Heres the tin after shooting at it at 10:30 at night.

The next day,i went out early,trying to get the shadow a kill under its belt.after about 10 minute of walking around,a sparrow jumps on a fence about 10 yards away,i pull the rifle up,aim and fire.Feathers went everywhere,i walked over to see what damage i had done,and the beeman Hp had tore a hole 1 inch in diameter.He died instantly.The next day i shot a grackle in the head a 26yrds he dropped and shuttered for a minute but after that,there was no life left in him!This rifle is everything i expected it to be,accurate powerful, and know that it is broke in there is no recoil.I mounted the simmons two days ago,and sighted it in.This gun is shooting dime/quarter sized groups at 25 yards!...I was amazed!.after the next few days the gracks started to migrate,And when they did,I was ready,i loaded my shadows recoil pad full of 26 Copperheads and went out.I managed to sneak in the trees without being spotted,i picked out a Huge grack,Rested my rifle on a tree and squeezed the trigger,OK more like a controlled yank,the Shadow cracked,the perfectly seasted copperhead was push out of the barrel and into the gracks chest,I watched him drop,but when i went to recover him i had discovered he was still alive i put another one in him and that was all she wrote!.This rifle is my ultimate varmint setup,and if you are an avid airgun hunter,or just a paper killer,i highly recommend this rifle.Here is the pic of my setup...Oh and i forgot to mention,so far the best pellets ive used are copperhead pointers,they fit tight and are nice and accurate.

Me aiming the rifle

Offline rabbit

• http://
RE: Shadow 1000 reveiw
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 12:45:12 PM »
Yote,

This is a very nice review of your rifle and the pictures are great. Thanks...

Rabbit
Rabbit

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 01:09:09 PM »
Yote, thanks for you great review in our newest forum. Great pics of a fantastic air rifle... :)

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline -=ed

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 02:05:58 PM »

There's few things more beautiful than your first rifle :-) :-)

-=ed..................... \"...and in our dark despair, against our will... wisdom comes...\"

Re: Shadow 1000 reveiw
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 02:33:42 AM »
First rifle?..more like 12th rifle!..lol...have been airgunning for 6 years this year i just got 'REALLY" into it! and i hope to keep it that way...

Offline -=ed

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 02:41:19 AM »

What were your other rifles?

-=ed..................... \"...and in our dark despair, against our will... wisdom comes...\"

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 07:27:39 AM »
like two 760's,177x,beeman silver bear,1377,marksman pistol,another marksman pistol,gamo delta,and shadow 1000,nice collection,now i only have a little more than half those...

Offline SGTMEATSAUCE

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 09:12:23 AM »
Does pushing those pellets into the recoil pad bend them and do they stay in after walking around like that? Never heard anyone do that before...
08 GAMO WHISPER CDT trigger/Nerf football enhanced synthetic stock
Crosman 2100 Classic(circa 1990)
Crosman 760(circa 1980ish)
REPUBLIC OF NEW JERSEY

Offline longislandhunter

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 01:15:09 PM »

I have a couple of Shadow 1000's that have the older style recoil pad that allow you to stick the pellets in there. It makes a handy place to store some pellets while hunting and if you are using a pellet that doesn't have a thin skirt it works well. If you use a pellet with a pliable skirt, like the Predator, then it's easy to bend the skirt when you pull the pellets out.....

Jeff

\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"