Author Topic: RSE will be closing for a bit...  (Read 1681 times)

RSE will be closing for a bit...
« on: September 03, 2006, 03:31:29 AM »
I don't normally handle my business on the websites of others but it seems like the best way to get the word out in this case. I am sorry if doing so is out of line.

Someone was recently kind enough to go through my wife's purse and stole some credit cards, checks, etc. and has actually managed to wipe out my "business account". Although this is being handled with the banks, there are some losses I will simply have to accept in this situation. Needless to say, this has cast a bit of a cloud over the tuning business at the moment so rather than allowing it to effect my work, I am going to take some time off and figure out what my next step will be. All pending tunes will be completed before this takes effect.

I've never considered myself to be a "big fish" in the world of airgun tuning and never intended to be in all honesty. It was simply a case of doing something that I enjoyed and helping out others. My main concern is that my work has represented me well and that I've managed to make a good name for myself. No matter what I decide to do in the long term, I will continue to stand behind the work I've performed.

Anyhow, I don't want this to be long winded so I will bring it to a close.
I thank you for your time and an otherwise enjoyable experience.

Sincerely,

Russ S.

Offline DanoInTx

• http://airgunartisans.com
Re: RSE will be closing for a bit...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 01:05:14 PM »
Hey Russ,

Sorry to hear about your dilemna, that sucks.  I had what I think was a waiter at a resteraunt get ahold of my card# one night when we were out for dinner.  When the bank caught up with it someone was trying to book a $8k vacation with my checkcard.  Stupid people, I think maybe it was my holy Tshirt that made them think "money".  Either way, they also tried to order a $700 leather jacket over the web, but got stopped when the billing address didn't match the shipping address.  Luckily in my case the card was cancelled, all charges reversed.  I know it sucks, but I hope that you'll think about going back into the tuning business at some point.  I've never owned or even shot one of your tuned guns, but I see on the forums that you do a great job.  It's a shame that stupid people mess with good peoples lives.

Dan
Dan

Current shooters: Beeman HW97K .177 with Hawke Eclipse 4x16x50SFAO and Steve C. stock, Beeman R9 .177 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO and Gene\'s Midas touch, Air Arms S200 with Bushnell Banner 6x24x40AO Rowan brass bling and Steve C. custom stock, BAM B25, BAM B40 .177 with BSA 3x12x44AO, Benjamin Marauder .22, Benjamin 397 pumper.

\"repeat this mantra:
Air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzzz!!!  ...You will feel better\" T.E.C.2008

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 02:14:13 PM »
Russ

I to have never used your services as Dan said, but I want you to know that I will be praying for ya Russ. We do not need to lose one of our finest. Stick in there bud and we all will be pulling for ya..

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

RE: RSE will be closing for a bit...
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 04:46:41 AM »
Thanks both of you for the kind words. The loss of money doesn't bother me as much as the actual act does.
I'll get past this as we all get past the difficulties life throws out way sometimes.

Perhaps something good will come of it and I'll find the time to do some of the things I've been thinking about.

Thanks again.
Russ S.

Offline Black Mamba

• http://
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 02:46:43 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear about this Russ.

I hope you'll be able to get through this and pull something positive from it.

I also hope you'll someday return to your working on airguns.  You'll be sorely missed by the community otherwise.

Best of luck.
Lymph, v. To walk with a lisp.