Author Topic: AAAGGG!!!!!  (Read 1306 times)

AAAGGG!!!!!
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:42:52 PM »
Well it finally arrived...My first PCP the Evanix AR6...What a beautiful gun it is...Kinda of menacing looking..lol..BUT unfortunately Big Brown Santa broke my new toy...the stock has a crack that runs from the front of the trigger guard to the back of the hammer...well the gentlemen that I purchase the gun from, offer to take back the gun and  refund my money...I thought that was decent of him...I call to find out how much a new stock would be $132 + shipping OUCH!!! So I went to my local gun shop and ask if they could repair it? They said it would be about $25 but they would like to see it before "quoting" a price... anyway I'm off on another business trip so maybe Friday I'll get back to the gun shop.
Bart

Offline DanoInTx

• http://airgunartisans.com
Re: AAAGGG!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:08:36 PM »
Ouch!!!

That does suck indeed.  Something some slow setting epoxy could cure, or is it really splintery?  If it's not all of the way through the wood, there is a chance of getting a big syringe full of thin epoxy into the gap, then fill and clamp.  depending on where exactly the crack runs, if there is any internal access, like where the action sits, you could also grind out a bit and fill with glass cloth.  Ultamately I s'pose it would be good if you could find a hidden place to drill and run a dowel rod, but chances are that'd be tough.  Yup, $25 at the gun shop sounds good...if the stock looks that good I'd rather let a pro do it...especially for only $25.  Of course if you could find someone that makes stocks for that rifle, it might be cool to get an aftermarket stock also...but then it would most likely cost you 2-3 times as much as the replacment stock from the manufacturer....Huhm, so many options...the best option would be to hunt the UPS guy down and beat him with the broken stock....THAT my friend would be justice:)  

btw: I'm joking, please don't run out and beat up mail men...most of those guys are pretty big, chances are they'd beat you first.

Dan
Dan

Current shooters: Beeman HW97K .177 with Hawke Eclipse 4x16x50SFAO and Steve C. stock, Beeman R9 .177 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO and Gene\'s Midas touch, Air Arms S200 with Bushnell Banner 6x24x40AO Rowan brass bling and Steve C. custom stock, BAM B25, BAM B40 .177 with BSA 3x12x44AO, Benjamin Marauder .22, Benjamin 397 pumper.

\"repeat this mantra:
Air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzzz!!!  ...You will feel better\" T.E.C.2008

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 01:28:26 PM »
My UPS guy is a pretty nice fellow. I would like to beat the shipping warehouse guys with the stock.  Yes the crack goes though to the other side (inside where the action sits) It's kinda unsightly to, so if the guys at the shop can make it look new for around $25  I'll be happy to give them the work. I'll see what they say on Friday.
Bart

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 10:43:03 PM »
CDT gave me a Gamo Hunter 440 that had a crack running from the middle of the fore stock  back into the butt. It was pretty bad and even some other cracks running into the trigger area. Total of three cracks. I clamped it the best I could and drilled.glued and doweled it from the inside. 4 dowels total. I then sanded the stock down and refinished it in walnut stain. If you look real close you can see where the crack was on the one side. It is not perfect but the air gun was free and no money lost.

If I had bought it then I would of returned it or asked for another stock at no charge for it. My synthetics I do not mind taking out into the woods hunting with but the wood stocks, I try and keep just for paper and collection. Most all my Gamo collection are duplicated. Wood and Synthetic. Kinda of expensive but I started out buying the wood first and decided to just purchase the same ones in synthetic so I don't have to be so careful with them.

I am sorry to hear your new baby got damaged Bart. I know you have been waiting for it. I would of been really bumed also.

Good Luck

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline rabbit

• http://
RE: AAAGGG!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 05:00:33 AM »
Bart,

I will not let UPS ship another rifle for me for that same reason !!! I'm still waiting on my model 350...Best of luck...

Rabbit    :)
Rabbit