Author Topic: Welll it hurts  (Read 1768 times)

Welll it hurts
« on: October 04, 2006, 01:48:48 PM »
I am able to sorta type but I have to use one hand, and using the mouse left handed is a pain.

Surgery came out great, but there was more damage than the doctor though, 2 tears in the cuff, 2 torn tendons, and a bunch of bone spurrs.

Pain is everything people told me it would be, I  didn't think it was that bad untill the pain pump ran out of juice in 3 days. Then the  pain set in, they gave me vicodin and it works pretty good and the pain is starting to ease up alot now.

I had to remove the  bandages and the pain pump  when it ran out, and the doctor said take a shower or what ever you want just don't jump in a hot tub. Kinda neet they didn't use any  Stitches  it's just glued together with super glue.

Will be back online now I can aleast move around the house now.

Rich.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: Welll it hurts
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 02:10:53 PM »
Dang Rich

Can't keep you down..:) Hope you heal fast and get back to your regular routine. When I had open heart surgery it took me a couple weeks to get back in the groove..

Instead of sending you an email and making you type more, did you get my check yet? :)

Take care Rich

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline daved

• http://
RE: Welll it hurts
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 02:18:57 PM »
Hey, Rich, hang in there.  BTW, I've always found a good single malt scotch to be the best pain killer of all!  Hope that doesn't violate any forum rules...

Dave

Offline DanoInTx

• http://airgunartisans.com
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 02:54:47 PM »
Huhm, I know the exact pain you're talking about, I feel for ya man.  I had the bursa sac removed from my shoulder, 1/2 inch cut off my clavicle, a few tendons re-routed, and then they dislocated my shoulder to make sure everything was ok underneath.  Lucky there was no torn rotator cuff, that I hear is a pain....  It took me the better part of 3 months to really get going, and then the pain, like a nail was there for over a year.  The day I had my done I didn't feel all that bad(still hopped up on drugs), so I made a deal with my wife, I wont take the pain meds tonight if I can have a few beers with my friends.  I had friends over, I BBQed(one armed) and drank a ton of those ice cold ones.  Well, I tell ya, when I woke up the next morning all bets were off...I just about ran to the medicine cabinet and started taking those pain meds, I think mine was Demeral or something...anyways, it was a slow recovery, I really didn't do much for the next week or so.  Same deal with mine, no stiches, just some super glue.  The oddest thing was that clavicle...before the surgery they made an ink mark on my shoulder where my clavicle ended, when the swelling went down that ink mark was down on my upper arm...creepy.  I guess I'm not exactly symetrical anymore, oh well, wife doesn't care.  I had surgery again a few months ago, on my stomache, same thing, super glue.  Ya know I've been using that stuff at work for years now to glue cuts in my hands back together, everyone always told me I was nuts, "You'll get an infection, that stuff will get in your blood"...I guess I'm not so nuts:)

Hope you feel better soon, and do all of those tedious physical therapy routines at home the doctor tells you to.  They make a huge difference, even if stretching a rubber band 100 times feels stupid.  And make sure you ice that thing alot, especially while it's still new.  Take care,

Dan
Dan

Current shooters: Beeman HW97K .177 with Hawke Eclipse 4x16x50SFAO and Steve C. stock, Beeman R9 .177 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO and Gene\'s Midas touch, Air Arms S200 with Bushnell Banner 6x24x40AO Rowan brass bling and Steve C. custom stock, BAM B25, BAM B40 .177 with BSA 3x12x44AO, Benjamin Marauder .22, Benjamin 397 pumper.

\"repeat this mantra:
Air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzzz!!!  ...You will feel better\" T.E.C.2008

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 04:13:32 PM »
Yes. and the barrel was sent Tues.

Offline Black Mamba

• http://
I feel for ya man.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 06:39:13 AM »
Sorry to hear your in this perdicament Rich.  I wish you well like the other fellas.

Reminds me of when I broke my collar bone playing paintball.  Ya....paintball.  Let's just say fat men shouldn't "tuck and roll".

I slept on my couch for 2 months.   Found out on day three that the pain medication they gave me would also lead to constipation and I never took another one.   I figured I had enough problems without being clogged up and one handed! :)

New Glarus Uf-Da Bock became my pain med for awhile....

Heh, heal fast bud.
Lymph, v. To walk with a lisp.