Author Topic: Sheridan reseal  (Read 4865 times)

Sheridan reseal
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:05:03 AM »
Are there special tools or tricks to getting a Blue Streak to seal once again.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

RE: Sheridan reseal
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 11:16:26 AM »
There are two places that would have seals and The special tool you would need to reseal a sheridan.
One is Mac~1...Just google "Mac 1 airguns"

The other is
Bryan and Associates

I had called Bryan and Associates and was told how to do it myself.
I ordered the parts from him.
He recomended that I shoot some oil in the air hole under the pump arm and keep pumping it till I could hear the oil gurgle in the valve. then let it sit over night and it should start holding air again.

I know theres a lot of people who say NOT to put oil in that hole.

BUT I already ordered the new parts....SOOO...
I put a a lot of oil down in that hole...so much that it squirt out the barrel when I tried to pump it..I let it set over night and it still did not hold air.
 I figured if anything I'll have aclean gun to work on.

I put the gun up and let it set for three days.

It held air again on the third day...

Its been shooting for two years and I still haven't put the new seals in yet.

Try it and see if oil will work...

If anything you'll have a clean gun to work on.

have fun and be safe
brad

RE: Sheridan reseal
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 12:57:54 PM »
Thanks Brad, I will try that.  What can I lose?

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
C9A Crosman
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 11:43:58 PM »
When I was in town the other day, I stopped by a local sporting goods store that I frequent often. There has been one rifle that has been there for months. "C9A" . I do not know anything about the Crosman air rifles. Do not know if this model is worthy of the Crosman line up. I have looked on the Crosman site and do not see anything that looks like it. The one I saw was a pump single shot with blueing. It feels nice to hold but is a bit heavy. I would say around 6 to 7 pounds. The wook stock was in my eyes was a very nice wood. Nice grain and rich color.

Does anyone know of this model or know of a web site that has information on this air rifle.

Thanks
Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

RE: C9A Crosman
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 01:32:58 AM »
Not sure what the C9a is.  The C9 is a nickle plated Sheridan known as the "Silver Streak".  Both the  Silver Streak and Blue Streak are beautiful rifles, and what I would consider top notch as far as American made airguns go.  I prefer the Streaks made during 1963 and after, but don't care too much for the later modular trigger package.   I think this rifle is a must have for someone who appreciates airguns as well as mechanical beauty.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Not Nickle Plated............. and not...............
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 01:40:49 AM »
knowing anything about Crosman, I have yet to find it on the net.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin