Author Topic: banned for 1 post on GTA  (Read 5642 times)

banned for 1 post on GTA
« on: June 19, 2006, 03:49:46 PM »
I guess all it takes is 1 post on the GTA forum to get banned by Steve in CT on the Kitchen forum. I think this is a dangerous situation. Steve has setup so many forums that he ownes (gamo, classifieds, chinese, yellow) that if you get banned for any reason, you have no access to any of those forums. This is disturbing. He's basically trying to take over ALL airgunning forums and will not permit any "competing forums" that has to do with airgunning. Now, if you say or do anything that rubs him the wrong way, your banned, regarless of how minute or insignificant it is. As a newer member of the airgunning community, this can appear to be very snobbish to new airgun recruits. Imagine what some must be thinking airgunners are like?? For the most part, airgunners are generous and will go out of their way to promote the sport and the information pertaining to it. I believe that Steve in CT is the exception to the rule. I for one am done with the "Yellow Forum" as the owner and operater of it does not set the example we should have as airgunners and those with information to share.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
That is a shame.....................................
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 04:00:38 PM »
Our members will play a large part in how this forum is run txairgunner. Through suggestions and ideas to make this forum as informative as the Yellow forum. We have no agenda here to banish anyone from this forum because they speak up about another forum or forums as long as it is objective, informative.

It is my policy not to ban a member as long as they abide by our forum rules and even then I am a very tolerant person and so is Charlie. Though I can not speak entirely for Charlie, we share the almost all the same ideals and goals that we will set fourth here in your forum along with our members support.

Come here when you can txairgunner, and you know you are always welcome to post and share your knowledge.

Gene

THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Re: banned for 1 post on GTA
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 04:06:44 PM »
I requested that I be banned from the Yellow Forum.  Why would I want to use a useless outdated forum when I can come to this one.  Let Steve and all his guys talk about JSB pellets and Air Rangers all day.  How about Daisy powerlines and other guns that more people can afford, like the Talon and Condor.

The original owner of the Yellow Forum (I dare not mention his name for fear of "copyright infringment" lawsuits being filed) would be ashamed at the level of estrogen on the "worlds most popular" Yellow Forum.  Gene, you have been told that you need to worry about your reputation when you haven't even developed one yet.  Bob,  I am sorry to see that someone like that drove you out of the airgun business.  I am glad to be here though and happy that I escaped with my sanity.  Nurse Steve Ratchet hadn't given me my lobotomy yet, but he was planning on it.  Go ahead and flame away Steve.  Thanks for banning me from your sorry excuse for a forum.  At least you got that right.

Offline nmmike

• http://
RE: banned for 1 post on GTA
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 04:39:27 PM »
Robert:
I saw your other post & was going to 'give the ol boys down in the Republic' a bit of a hard time about being 'field target fundamentalists' but then it got serious. I haven't been around much more than a year but I kinda' had you down for one of the 'big shots' on the yellow. Then again, maybe I'm right. You got nailed for 1 post, this is my 17th & unless I get whacked this time, I'm still under the radar.
My son in law & daughter lived on a ranch about 15 miles west of Jal so I been in the neighborhood but it's a 400 mile trip from Los Lunas & I'm not a big fan of driving, oh well one of these days lol. Again, sorry about the situation, I didn't see the sin.
Mike

RE: banned for 1 post on GTA
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 05:18:40 PM »
Definitely don't regard myself as one of the top people. I've actually only been into airgunning for 3 years now. The clubs going good and some of our members are getting up their in FT capability. I'm strictly in it for the fun though and plan on keeping it that way. I'll leave the politics to someone else. Hope someday when your in Jal visiting, maybe you can drop me a line and we can do some airgun hunting or something....

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
it was with your sight that I started out. It was shortly after you sarted your website that I asked you if I could post info there and that's when good things started for both of us. It was through your encouragement and support that I built my own website. I'll never understand why he did this to you. I'm sorry it happened.

Bob   aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

I was banned for a post on the Crosman forum....
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 11:55:21 AM »
That criticized the actions taken against Bob and Gene. I hadn't posted on the YF for almost a year now - ever since CT steve called me a "troublemaking troll" and told me that I was unwelcome there. When he was forced to un-ban everyone back then, I decided to just read , and not post - after all, what would be the point - CTsteve would just keep deleting my posts as he had done before he banned me that first time. And here is the real twist - I was banned for asking for an explanation of why he was mounting these personal attacks of deleting my posts. On the basis of my query, I was banned. Weird.

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 12:18:45 PM »
sonargodz - 2006-06-20  12:06 AM
 the "worlds most popular" Yellow Forum.

Sadly, what the old members forget, and the new members are unaware - it was James Kitching that made that forum great. It was CT steve that led a boycott of the YF just before Jame's untimely passing, because he didn't like James' relaxed stance on running the forum. James' body wasn't even cold when that sniveling, opportunist, egomaniac, CTsteve snatched control of the YF - the very forum that he was leading a boycott against. Proof positive that any moron can assume a forum that is already well established, well known and popular. Now he credits the forum success to himself - his ego is enough to gag a maggot !!!!

Maybe a much publicized boycott of the YF is again in order - until he agrees to treat people respectfully, and he reinstates everyone's access. Could be the "reality check" he needs to impress upon him that the people are the forum, NOT the owner/moderator.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 02:22:40 PM »
I called Steve today about my banning. He's pretty ticked at me right now. He basically stated that because I support Bob & Gene, that means that I am against him... I don't see it that way, but as he stated "It's my forum." I don't think he realizes that it's not his forum, but "OUR" forum. without the airgunners participation, there is no yellow forum! It's just dead web space. I think he should leave banning to other administrators of the yellow forum where there is no conflict of interest with his relationships with other airgunners. He gave me a big speal about how Bob Werner is ripping off airgunners by not using Maccarri springs and such, but I know Bob's heart and his generosity and could never conclude that Bob would do anything contrary to the best interests of the airgunning community. Bob has done nothing but bend over backwards for me and other members of the Kermit Airgun Club.
I guess this forum is my new home, as well as any other member of the Kermit club since they would be using the same IP address range. That doesn't bother me. The thing that bothers me is the lack of communication with some very dear friends I have made on the Kitchen forum. I guess all it takes is one man to create vast barriers to this sport.
I've taken down links to "Steve's" forums, everyone of them. It might cost some hits and interest in the Kermit Club's website, but I don't want any other members subjected to the same issues that I have faced.

I imagine that as more and more step over the very fine line on the yellow, other forums will thrive, including this one. I do hope and pray that the yellow forum continues and that Steve in CT is successful in his endevours, but it will not be at my expense.

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »
I know that he has claimed that I put Chinese springs in guns but I can tell you that I have never put a Chinese spring in any gun as a replacement and have not put any replacement spring in a gun that was not a Maccari spring except in two FWB's and a couple of Beeman's. Those replacement springs were replaced with factory springs and the owners were aware of it before they were tuned. I just never wanted to make an issue of  his statement because it was so absurd that I doubted anybody would believe it anyhow.

And Robert... don't worry about your friends "over there". I'm sure they will be visiting here as well and you sure won't lose them. They are probably reading your posts right now. Not to fret my friend. And you can be rest assured knowing that you will have all the support possible from the GTA officers and members with no strings attached.

Thanks Robert
Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 03:38:42 PM »
All it takes is a moment to look at the people being banned from that forum to figure out where that place is headed. The fact that YF members are being forced to take sides or keep their mouths shut does not speak well for that forums owner.
This hobby is not large enough to allow for an us vs. them mentality.

Russ S.

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 07:21:16 PM »
I've been sitting back and watching this train wreck in progress that was the "yellow Forum". It seems like that "Steve" need a Valium and a .....OK. Won't go there but a b!tch slap may help im' !

;)

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 06:27:55 AM »
Banned from YF:  Bliksem Steve, you can keep your YF, South Africans have found a new Home in GTA..

RE: banned for 1 post on GTA - Sorry to hear that Robert
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 05:31:07 PM »
Hows things with the scopes and air rifle i sent down to Texas? Kids having fun with them?
Hope so. Gee wonder if i will join the banned since i finually registered here ib GTA as well
Hope not I like all the forume reading and posting.

RE: banned for 1 post on GTA - Sorry to hear that Robert
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 05:41:44 PM »
Working out great! Thanks for hooking us up here in West Texas. We actually were short a couple airguns for our AAFTA match. We had a few youth shooting in the match. But since, I have gotten a couple more with one on the way. So we should have plenty now. Summer usually brings in even more youth shooters and we will be having a booth at the 4th of July celebration at the park coming up. We go there to hand out flyers about the club and show everyone what a "real" airgun looks like :) Thanks again!