Author Topic: February Airgunning Atlanta Match Report  (Read 2895 times)

Offline kirby999

• http://
February Airgunning Atlanta Match Report
« on: February 21, 2009, 02:57:56 PM »
The morning started off a little cool , but by the time a couple of guys( Ken and Doug) and myself finished getting the targets lubed and lanes cleared , it had warmed considerably ; enough that before mid match I was in short sleeves . A beautiful day with just enough wind to keep folks guessing . Six shooters total attended , with 3 in unlimited and 3 in hunter class , all PCP's today , no piston shooters . In all we shot a for a possible score of 74 ( a lot of shooting) . In unlimited Doug Vinson was the winner with a 67 , followed by Ken Hughes in second place and Eddie Horne in third with a 39 . This was Eddies third match, IIRC so he's coming along pretty good with his new BSA super 10 .He's still searching for his style of shooting and said he was going to give hunter class a try next month . Hunter Class also had a fairly new shooter today . A good friend of mine Ron Doyle. This was only Ron's second match and he shot it with a borrowed rifle that he doesn't get to practice with , because it's mine and it goes home with me. LOL . It didn't slow him down any though as he tied for second place with Tommy Garland with an identical score of 39 . First place in hunter class went to a guy name David Kirby with a score of 54 . It turned out to be a beautiful day with a great time had by all . Most of us after the match gathered at Bess's for a round of Bess burgers or pork sandwiches , and some of the best sweet tea around. kirby
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"