Author Topic: CFX Royal  (Read 1399 times)

CFX Royal
« on: January 31, 2007, 01:18:09 PM »
Gene_SC: I see you have a CFX royal+CFX Synthetic.Is it worth the extra$60.for the wood stock? I have read their both good shooters,but what is your oppinion of each? Thanks.
                                                       John in Ohi

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: CFX Royal
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 11:16:18 PM »
Hey K8acers

It depends on how you feel about wood verses synthetic. I love the wood on my CFX Royal's .22 and .177.. But I find that I do not shoot them as much because I do not want to mess up the wood..:) My good buddy, Dano, loves wood and dislikes synthetic stocks. But he is a wood craftsman and he is more involved in making and finishing stocks..:) And his finichished work is beautiful.

Here is my own opinion.. I like lite weight air guns. The synthetic CFX's I own are very comfortable for me to shoulder and shoot. The CFX Royals are a bit heavier and to be honest with you, I would pick up the synthetic built rifles 9 out of 10 times..:)

Sixty bucks is allot of money to some people. Could go towards a scope..:) Nothing wrong with the synthetic stocks. Just a preference to some is all...

My CFX Royal .22 will be a collectors rifle. They never were sold in the US, in .22. I bought that one from the UK. But as you see I have a CFX Royal .177... I wanted one of each in the diff. calibers in wood.

Hope this helps and I will say that the CFX is a fine rifle. I love all 4 of mine...:)

Good Luck
Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Re: CFX Royal
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 01:14:56 PM »
Thanks Gene.
          I started out with the Hunter 220,then I just had to have the Hunter Elite.The Elite is an awsome shooter :D  :D Well I guess it's one more(wood stock) to the small but growing collection....
                                                  Thanks again.
                                                           John io Ohi.