Author Topic: AirArms S400C  (Read 9343 times)

Field Target or Olympic
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 02:14:29 AM »
OK I got it, but they all look so alike, and most likely cost nearly the same.
Looks great but won't the other rifles get jealous with it nearby?

Maybe I will get to see that beauty someday.
Have fun with it and shoot it often, Good Guns are made to shoot.

Offline kirby999

• http://
RE: Field Target or Olympic
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 02:23:19 AM »
Comes from the factory set up in " Olympic" configuration , but I'm going to set it up for field target with the bump up in output. The guns that  are left won't be jealous , there's not that many. I feel that part of the fun of shooting is looking like you  know what you're doing; hehe, and an nice looking ,accurate gun helps keep that smile on your face too. kirby
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"

Offline kirby999

Chrony numbers for the AA400C
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 04:20:52 AM »
I got a chance to shoot the 400C this morning over the chrony and try a few different pellets.  I started  with about 160 bar on the air gauge, would have like to have started at at least 170 but my scuba tank needs toping off and this is the max I could fill with it. I started with RWS superdomes  and shot 5 pellets from 701.7fps to 797.5fps but the group wasn't that good , then I shot some CPL's at 795.4fps--804.8 fps and a one hole group.(I'll have to come back to those) Then I tried some heavies , some CPH's and they went way down in speed but were consistent at 687.1fps-- 689.4fps. ; Kodiaks were 722.1fps--737.2fps.and then I shot some JSB exacts and they produced some tight groups and some good numbers , I shot 30 shots with the low of 792.9fps and a high of 807.2 fps. altogether I shot over 65 shots before the speed dropped below the 790fps mark and that was in the high 780's . I think it would be safe to say I could get around 65-70 shots without a lot of drop in my POI. I refilled and shot some more of the JSB's and they started right at 790fps and started to get into the 800fps range after 4 or 5 shots. I then went back to the CPL's and they were grouping close enough to be able to swap between the JSB's and shoot the same POI and were shooting in the 800fps-812fps range. Very consistent gun to be unregulated . kirby
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"

RE: Chrony numbers for the AA400C
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 02:44:46 PM »
Thanks for posting the Chrony and pellet info.
I am not planning on getting one, but it is nice to know what they do and that is good information.
I am trying to get a Anschutz 54 match 22lr from an estate sale.
So it is may eat up my "gun Money" anyway, if I am so lucky as to get it.

Offline kirby999

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 03:01:33 PM »
That would be a nice .22 to own. I've  owned a couple of the low end Anschutz (one was a 1451 , I can't remember what the other one was , but it was a sporter)  . Some day I would like to own one of their match air rifles. kirby

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »
I have my hopes up.  
I may know something this Saturday.
The club I belong to has a smallbore silhouette match and some of the folks from the club in
Columbia come down to take the match winner prize home with them.
I just go so to make some of the shooters feel better about their scores.
Sort of like, gee, I am not to bad, did you see that old guy shoot.
lol, but it is fun.
Actually I shoot a Beretta sport carbine (from their Olympia family),
or a Marlin 25.
Would be nice to shoot a Annie.