Author Topic: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder  (Read 4656 times)

Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
« on: October 16, 2007, 06:01:38 AM »

Re: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 06:56:22 AM »
For people who dont like links...

DALLAS -- Police said they don’t expect to file charges against a homeowner who fatally shot a burglar.

Police said a man broke into a home in the 3600 block of Cortez Drive, north of Bachman Lake, at about 2 a.m. Tuesday.

The homeowner was awakened by his pet and saw the intruder on a surveillance system. He shot the intruder inside the home’s detached garage, police said.

The intruder was taken to Parkland Hospital in critical condition. He died a short time later.

People had burglarized the home several times in the last month, according to police.

Offline leftcoast1

• http://
RE: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 09:09:26 AM »
The sad thing is had he not shot and killed the guy nothing would have been done to the crook.
Jason
A couple of Springers nothin to get excited about.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 01:21:34 PM »
I love when people get what they deserve! If every burglar feared getting shot in the majority of the homes he robbed, we'd have a much less crime ridden society.

Offline r1derbike

• http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike/
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 02:27:32 PM »
I'm reminded of the problems in those countries that have banned the ownership of pistols/weapons by citizens.  The armed criminals are preying on people as easily as shooting fish in a rain barrel.  The crimes against citizens have gone through the roof.  Idiots.

Ban guns, then only criminals have guns...idiots.

Charles
Lead Launchers: 30 Year Old Daisy .177 Cal. Model 880 Pumper (BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope), Gamo CFX .22 Cal. Springer with GRT III Trigger (BSA 4X32 Scope), Gamo CFX .177 Cal. Combo Springer (BSA 2-7X32 AO Scope), Gamo R-77 .177 Cal. CO2 Combat Pistol (Laser Sight), Umarex/Beretta .177 Cal. CX4 Storm CO2 Bullpup (Walther PS-22 Red Dot Scope & Dorcy Night Light), Chinese QB-57 .22 Cal. Takedown Springer (BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope & Dorcy Night Light),  Chinese Tech-Force S2-1 .177 Cal. Springer Pistol (Boat Anchor...), Chinese Tech-Force Contender Model 89 .22 Cal. Springer (BSA Laser & Tactical Light, CenterPoint 4-16X40 Illum. Ret. Mil. Dot Scope), Crosman 1377 .177 Cal. Pumper Pistol (1399 stock, BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope), Daisy Powerline 717 .177 Cal. Single-Pump Pistol (Open Sights).

Offline USNCop

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 03:25:25 PM »
Bomp Bomp Bomp, another one bites the dust.

Justice was served!  Give the man a cigar, a hand shake and another box of shells.
QB57 .177, BAM B26 .177, BAM B26 .22

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 12:32:33 PM »
Oh yes. Look at how well gun control works. I love it. People thinks it makes them so much safer, yet there is no statistical evidence that it does. Makes it much worse. UK, prime example. I wanted to move there too before guns started running my life ;)

Offline r1derbike

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »
This is old news, but shows what happens when private ownership of weapons is denied the populace.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15304

Charles
Lead Launchers: 30 Year Old Daisy .177 Cal. Model 880 Pumper (BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope), Gamo CFX .22 Cal. Springer with GRT III Trigger (BSA 4X32 Scope), Gamo CFX .177 Cal. Combo Springer (BSA 2-7X32 AO Scope), Gamo R-77 .177 Cal. CO2 Combat Pistol (Laser Sight), Umarex/Beretta .177 Cal. CX4 Storm CO2 Bullpup (Walther PS-22 Red Dot Scope & Dorcy Night Light), Chinese QB-57 .22 Cal. Takedown Springer (BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope & Dorcy Night Light),  Chinese Tech-Force S2-1 .177 Cal. Springer Pistol (Boat Anchor...), Chinese Tech-Force Contender Model 89 .22 Cal. Springer (BSA Laser & Tactical Light, CenterPoint 4-16X40 Illum. Ret. Mil. Dot Scope), Crosman 1377 .177 Cal. Pumper Pistol (1399 stock, BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope), Daisy Powerline 717 .177 Cal. Single-Pump Pistol (Open Sights).

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 09:16:36 PM »
Scratch one more bad guy.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 09:18:09 PM »
...and a marksmanship ribbon.

Offline Big_Bill

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 04:40:40 PM »

Hey Guys,

This is great that the police will not be pressing charges against this home owner, however that doesn't mean that a Civil Suit will not be filed by the perps. relatives...

It is never easy to live with the taking of a human life ! And the lawsuits can be a expensive nightmare even when all comes out well.

Think twice, act ounce, before shooting anyone. In most states, Fearfor ones Life, or the lives of your family, willbe the STANDARD that allows the use of deadly force...

In some states you must make every attempt to leave the presents of the attacker, before shooting them, in the defence of your life.

Remember, you will remember this for the rest of your life ! And live with it !

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Offline r1derbike

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 11:33:04 AM »
No body, no crime...no civil lawsuit.

I'm kidding...yes, seriously, I'm kidding.

Yes, I'm definitely kidding.

Charles

Offline USNCop

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 04:10:11 PM »
I agree Big Bill.
For most folks it would be difficult.
But seeing that my Grandmother was robbed, nearly beaten to death with an old .22, and then
raped on the living room floor and left to die in a pool of her own blood, well I won't candy coat
how I feel.  Could I take/have taken the subhuman's lives?  YER DARN RIGHT!
I could tomorrow and sleep real well too.
She turned vegetative from the beating and lived in a care center until she died.
They got to use up taxpayer money getting 3 squares a day in jail, whoopty-do!
If I were there at the time, Mr. Mossberg and I would have introduced them to their Creator.
QB57 .177, BAM B26 .177, BAM B26 .22

Offline r1derbike

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »
USN, was the scumbag charged with murder when your grandmother died? I certainly hope so...

Charles

Offline Big_Bill

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 04:07:18 AM »

I know what your saying Troy,

But, If you were there, none of this would have happened ! Now you must decide if you would or can kill this person. If he entered my home, and had a weapon in his position, I would offer one command to hit the floor, if he moved any way but down, I would shoot him. Time is very important in stopping an attack, any hesitation can be fatal !!!!! The home defender must be prepared to end all aggression of an attacker, at the first sign of the attacker making any move toward the owner.

If your not sure what you will be able to do, install a heavy exterior door on your bedroom with heavy bolts, top and bottom. Gather your family into your bedroom as you or your wife calls the POLICE, get them behind your bed and place your firearm across the bed, pointed at the door. I recommend a SHOTGUN loaded with #8 shot, maximum, your neighbors will thank you ! If the door is broken opened, you must fire your weapon as soon as you can identify your target, a policeman will thank you !

It is ALLWAYS VERY IMPORTANT TO IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET !!!!!

One night I heard unusual sounds downstairs, I carefully went to investigate. The noises continued in our kitchen, and as I slowly entered the kitchen, entering as low as I could, checking left to right as I entered, as the sound was to the right side, you don't want to have someone behind you as you challenge the intruder, that's another story. I heard a cilck ...cllick, I swear it sounded just like a revolver being cocked. I quickly turned toward the sound and began to squeeze the trigger, when I realized that the only thing there was the refrigerator ! At that point I had adrenalin squirting out of my ears, and my heart pounding louder than a drum ! I took a breath, turned the light on, still watchful of an intruder, still staying as low as I could. I backed out of the kitchen and went aroundthrough the living room to approach the area from behind, with the light on in the kitchen I could see no movement, I kept checking behind me, so I could not be taken by surprise. And then I again heard that that fearsome sound, click...cllick, but nothing was there, only the refrigerator ! At that time, I was on my stomach kissing the floor.

The moral of this account of my search for an intruder is, CAUTION, always CAUTION !!!! Heck, I almost killed my refrigerator !

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !