Author Topic: Questions about the Monsoon!  (Read 1552 times)

Questions about the Monsoon!
« on: October 24, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm a newbie on PCPs but very decided to join the dark side (Funny thing, I'm a spearfisher and those who use pneumatic spearguns are also called "darksiders" on that sport too) I have a tuned up sheridan that has been my gun for the last 23 years and has hundreds of rats, feral pigeons, pigeons, rabitts and squirrels under it's belt. But I want to buy a PCP, and as usual, I like to start big (whenever I'm adviced to get some "beginers stuff" I end up buying it and almost inmediately after I buy the real deal too, now I want to skip that waste of time and money and go directly to the big boy gun. I was thinking about a Falcon, or BSA super ten, but when I saw the video of the monsoon http://www.fxairguns.com/download.asp It was love at first sight!! But I have some questions, and I need the help of people that owns or has shooted the gun, always the reviews from suppliers claim only the best, that's the reason that I want to hear from real people that has some experience with that gun...
My questions:

IS IT REALLY ACCURATE? CAN YOU MAKE 1/2 INCH GROUPS AT 50 YARDS? (I CAN WITH MY  GOOD OL' SHERIDAN)
THE TRIGGER IS NOT ADJUSTABLE. BUT IS IT REALLY MATCH GRADE?
CAN YOU SHOOT EUN JIN HEAVY PELLETS ?
IS THE SEMI AUTOMATIC MECHANISM RELIABLE? DOES IT JAM?

And one more "dumb question" In the video, they use the rifle to shoot clay pigeons? Is that possible or pure BS ? I have never tried that with anything else than a shotgun, and it intriged me very much. If possible, what is a good sight to do it, I don't think that you can do that with a regular scope sight, anyway if any of you have experience with that, let me know!

Best regards from Mexico.
Luis