Author Topic: Hunters feild target....  (Read 6934 times)

Hunters feild target....
« on: December 23, 2007, 09:28:14 AM »
Jeeeeeeeezzzz... I've got it bad. After Kirby told us that Hunter's feild Target was going to be kicking off next year in Covington:

Quote:
"...We've been told that we will have a hunter's class match each month, along with the regular match . A hunter's match allows you to use Cross sticks and to sit on a bucket or stool of less than 15" tall . The restrictions are a max of 12x  power on your scope ,You can adjust the focus on the scope during a match , but not the elevation or windage, and  less than 20 fpe . So,  you can shoot off a bi-pod or a mono-pod and you cans shoot from sitting on a stool , just like you would hunting,  and the targets have bigger kill zones and the distances will be less . How much easier would it be ? . kirby"

I've been lurking....but not on the 'puter. At the local Academy Sports, air gun display... telling all the adults I could about Airgun Atlanta's new class of competition, and passing out web addreses... I'm one sick puppy.

Offline kirby999

• http://
RE: Hunters feild target....
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 02:12:59 PM »
Kliff; It is easier, but not easy to hit the kill zones in the hunter round . When I first started the first of this year ; a 20 target hunter match was held before each regular 40 target match. The best I remember shooting was a 14 out of 20; I believe, which was a tie for first that day. I shot the same equipment in the regular match and only hit 15 out of 40, it may have been less than that using a boat cushion for a seat . It wasn't long after that I got myself a bum bag seat and you wouldn't think it would but it helped me sit steadier .This was before I read the rules and didn't know you could shoot from a bucket and cross sticks or a monopod . I haven't shot a match off a bucket or cross sticks . I've tried it at home and actually shoot better F/T style sitting off my bum bag . Developing a sitting position is something one has to experiment with , trying different knee pads or elbow pads, either shooting off one's knee or arm . I've been trying different things all year and have finally settled on a way to shoot and it has improved my score. Like I've said before it's a lot of fun and everybody has been very helpful at the club. I hope we can get more folks involved in the hunter class and it will become a regular part of our matches as it is at the TVA club in Alabama and from what I've read the Bayou Airgun Club in Louisiana . I will most likely continue to shoot the hunter matches from my bum bag until I get to where I can't get back up after sitting down. LOL There's been times I've had to sort of roll to the side to get up. The bucket would be easier . hehe. I'll post a schedule when I find out . kirby
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: Hunters feild target....
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 05:43:33 PM »
Dang David, when I was a kid I could crawl, roll, tumble sleep in trees for days...:) but now if I get down on the ground or floor I almost need help getting up..:) I will stick with a stool, cross stick or bipod.. :) The stool will have to have hydraulics in it to raise me up after I sit a while..:) I have an old office chair with hydraulics. If I remove the back would that be legal? That way I could raise it up after I shoot...:) Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 10:41:56 PM »
Sound's promising but can we replace the target's with real varment's hehe. Hopefully this will draw in the hunter's who want to stay sharp during the off season. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

I'm with you Gene...
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 12:41:29 AM »
If'n I get down on the ground, it's gonna take 2 of y'all to help me get back up. But I can get up ff a bucket or stool. So plan on coming over when I head that way too Gene, I'll help ya get back upright....LOL!

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
RE: I'm with you Gene...
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 05:18:37 AM »
I'll just be in the brush hiding hehehe. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Offline jon

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 10:15:27 AM »
Kliff,

The hunter class is not new at Airgunning Atlanta, it just took a back seat lately due to lack of participation.   There is a small group of us that hopes it stays alive, the club president is going to try his best o set-up a hunter style course on the lanes we shoot now.

Hunter isnt really mainstream at AA but it is a great way to learn FT in general, everyone is pretty much on a level playing field, that is until some one shows up with a high end PCP and strarts shooting off sticks with a mil-dot scope.  

Kirby is the biggest hunter supporter at AA, I am into it too except with some of my airgun deals I didnt have a hunter gun at the end f this years matches.  Hunter seems to be hee to stay at AA but we need as many new shooters as we can to keep it going.

To Kliff and Gene,

Our club is very flexible as far as hunter goes, they will let you shoot the big match under hunter rules if regular FT is hard on your body.
I like fancy bb guns

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 10:32:09 AM »
I'm already practicing with my bucket and sticks. I don't expect to win, I just wanna shoot from a comfortable position, and make a reasonable showing. It's all about having fun, getting outside, and making new freinds for me.
 I'm in for the HFT, and I'll probably be bringing my nephew to shoot HFT too, and anyone else I can round up.

Offline jon

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 11:09:55 AM »
Round em up Kiliff, we need new shooters to grow the sport.  Thanks for your help.
I like fancy bb guns