Author Topic: "Other Gamos"  (Read 10242 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
RE: "Other Gamos"
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 02:22:41 PM »
Great feedback ZVP. I am going to keep my eye open for one of the 130 B's.... :) The Cadet seem's like a great little rifle. Would love to get my hands on any of the above mentioned.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge ZVP..

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline Gene_SC

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 03:30:52 PM »
Is the Daisy model 131 the same as the Gamo 130?

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 10:13:24 AM »
Gene,
 If I mistakedlly called it a Gamo 131 or 130 up there, please forgive me OK?
 The Daisy 131 is in fact 100% all Gamo!
 The velocity on the 131 series is where Daisy had origonally intended the models of the 120 and 130 series to be. I don't know why, but Gamo put some pretty healthy Mainsprings in the 130 series. Often they will exceed 800fps with "light" pellets!
 The darnedest part about it all is that the different  Daisy 130's look like either the Model 120 or the Model 131.The early single shot and repeaters have the 120 profile (W/Steel BBL) and the "B" has the 131 profile (W/Synthetic BBL).
 Confusing? Yes, but the preformance is worth paying attention to getting the right model.
 HTH,
 ZVP :)

Offline Gene_SC

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 11:44:38 AM »
The reason I asked is I found the 131 and the picture there is the one. Is it advisable to purchase this one?....:) So is the Daisy 131 tigger able to be replaced by CDT's trigger? Is the insides to the 131 daisy the same as the 130B?

Gene

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 12:20:09 PM »

Gene,
 Sorry for the delay answering  ( I just got my HAM ticket and had a call to respond to...)
 About that 131:   You'll  likely have a 600+/-fps rifle that's easy to cock and will  surely suprise you with it's accuracy (with the right Pell).  Mine all love the Gamo Match pellet.
 The rifle will accept one of the " Charlie trick Triggers" and get you an additional accuracy edge too.
 The little rifles are tough as nails and most give little to no troubles, EVER!
 Please note though that this rifle probablly would be a poor chioce for hunting, as it's power is truely borderline. If you're after a pleasant all day informal Target shooter and plinker, then it's a good gun.
 I don't know how many rifles you have, but most shooters consider such a Target/Plinker as a secondary gun, having already set up with a hunting velocity rifle first...
 I gotta hand it to Gamo, these inexpensive and durable models are a real pleasuer to shoot and whenever I take mine out, the pellet tin emptys pretty fast. Seems I just keep reloading!
 Check the sale price against other comparitive Gamo models and IF it seems to have remained reasonable, I cannot see any reason not to buy it. The picture you have presents a pretty nice rifle.
 The good thing about 131's is that many owners do sell very good specimins due to wanting to upgrade and ya usually get good deals.
 Good luck making your decision and if you purchas it, you'll see what I mean about "reloading" it a lot and burning up the pellets!
 ZVP

Offline Gene_SC

Re: "Other Gamos"
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 12:28:38 PM »
A nice little target rifle that is lite and easy to handle would be nice. Now is it all metal. The barrel looks to be rough. Did they blue the barrels back then? Anxious to buy one..:)

Sent you a private message..

Gene

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 01:39:17 PM »
Gene
 NO.
 The BBL is a synthetic shrouded steel tube.
 I'll try to send pix so you can see one.
 ZVP

Offline Gene_SC

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »
Which Models from top to bottom are these? They sure look pretty. I notice the lengths are different also.

Thanks

Gene

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 02:19:11 PM »

OK ya saw the Synthetic Shrouded BBL and the Steel inner "True" Barrel?
 Top to bottom the rifles are:
 Gamo 500 Sporter
 Daisy 130 "B"
 Daisy 120.
 All .177 Cal.
 Dinnertime!
 Gotta go,
 ZVP